合気道Try Aikido free for your first month
Come and train in a safe and nurturing environment
Dojo: 1 Fern Street Black Rock, Melbourne, 3193
Phone: 0418 568 638
What is Aikido
Aikido is one of the most popular martial arts practiced worldwide. What differentiates Aikido from other traditional martial arts is that it’s empty-hand techniques are derived from the body movements, martial strategy and mental focus of Japanese swordsmanship.
Aikido’s free flowing circular movements enable you to redirect the energy from an opponent without having to clash with the force of the attack. This non-aggressive strategy allows you to effectively defend yourself without the need to employ the destructive punching and kicking techniques that characterise other combat arts.
Tuesday Morning: 6:15am – 7:15am
Thursday Morning: 6:15am – 7:15am
Thursday Evening: 7pm – 8:30pm
Saturday Morning: 8am – 10am
Please wear comfortable training clothes
Benefits of Aikido
- Health benefits of Aikido practice results in the steady improvement of physical and mental condition in daily life.
- Aikido training emphasize: proper breathing, balance and posture.
- Many Aikido exercises improve joints flexibility, range of motions and help preserve muscle mass and bone density.
- Regular training gradually builds endurance and strength.
- Exercise routine helps to manage healthy body weight.
- Psychological benefits of Aikido exercises have the effect of increasing body awareness and concentration.
- Aikido practice helps to focus on present tasks and can improve memory and coordination.
- Non- aggressive and non-competitive nature of Aikido can build self confidence and self esteem.
- Aikido training gradually leads to less antagonistic attitude toward any conflicts, emotional or physical.
- Practicing with different partners during Aikido classes builds strong community bonds, friendships, reduces daily stress and help to preserve or create social skills.