World Aikido Yoga
Integrating the traditional training methods employed by the Japanese marital art of Aikido with the ancient science of yoga.
Based on this structured curriculum, a formal certification process is held periodically to advance you through the five preliminary white-belt (beginner grade) levels and the ten subsequent black-belt (advanced grade) levels.
Safety, manners and etiquette are integral components of Aikido-Yoga training, and are pre-requisite requirements in order to be eligible for advancement through each successive grade. Important prerequisites for advancement in the art, in addition to the commitment you make to your training, your instructor, and your fellow students, is your ability to demonstrate:
- Correct technical form, initially performed slowly, then gradually progressing to a more spontaneous, free flowing and creative application based on your understanding of the underlying principles of Aikido-Yoga;
- A heightened sense of awareness that encompasses the safety and well-being of all the people you interact with as part of your training;
- A refined sense of etiquette that fosters right-minded training in both yourself as well as in your training partners;
- Humility, tolerance and a natural sense of respect and gratitude for all things;
- A mature attitude that promotes ethical values, principles and standards in yourself as well as in your training partners.
- Staff (Jo) Syllabus
- 21 Staff (Jo) Suburi
- Sword vs Staff (Ken-tai-jo) Syllabus
- Knife (Tanto/Tanken) Syllabus
- Grading eligibility will be communicated to students by the instructor.
- Please refer to curriculum for minimum training requirements.
Aikido-Yoga Adult Grading System:
Beginner to Black Belt:
- Beginner: White Belt
- 5th Kyu: Minimum 40 sessions over a 6 mth period.
- 4th Kyu:Minimum 60 sessions over a 6 mth period.
- 3rd Kyu:Minimum 60 sessions over a 6 mth period.
- 2nd Kyu:Minimum 80 sessions over a 6 mth period.
- 1st Kyu: Minimum 80 sessions over a 6 mth period.
- Shodan: Minimum 120 sessions over a 12 mth period.